Locks are the most easily overlooked hardware accessories in daily life. However, in daily life, we have to deal with various locks, which play a vital role in security. After the lock is installed, most people neglect the management and basically do not do any maintenance on the lock. Xiao Bian summarized some tips for lock maintenance.
1. Some zinc alloy and copper locks will have "long spots" if they are used for a long time. Don't think they are rusty, but they are oxidized. Just spray and rub the wax on the surface to remove the spots.
2. If the lock has been used for a long time, the key will not be inserted and removed smoothly. At this time, just apply a little graphite powder or pencil powder to ensure that the key can be inserted and removed smoothly.
3. The rotating part of the lock body should always be kept with lubricant to ensure smooth rotation. At the same time, it is recommended to check whether the fastening screws are loose in a half year cycle to ensure the fastening.
4. The lock shall not be exposed to rain for a long time, otherwise the small spring inside the lock will rust and become inflexible, and the rainwater falling contains nitric acid and nitrate, which will also corrode the lock.
5. When turning the key to unlock the door, do not pull the key directly to open the door before the lock core returns to its original position.